Monday 16 October 2017

Social Studies: 1981 Springbok Protest

The time has come to… Watch The Springboks VS The All Blacks. This game is gonna be awesome. NOT.  Smoke bombs were dropped and bats were raised. I mean come on NZ, you don’t need to be split in half any more than you are now. People just wanted to watch a rugby game. But nooo. The whole thing turned into a bloodbath, people got injured and died. There were over 150 000 people who got charged with offences in the protest. After rampaging for fifty-six days through July, August and September in 1981 it finally stopped. But the rift between NZ and SA was never healed. At least I can go back to watching my rugby in peace. And maybe from the couch, not the stadium.

1 comment:

  1. hi jack it's miller here and this make me not charge my opinion it does have a pun so its good

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific!
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific!
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks,
Jack